Version 2.0 (beta) of Easy Nivo Slider is complete, and I’m making it available here on TheEmeraldCurtain site immediately.
Important: The “beta” is there because I’m still testing the different components. This version has some major improvements, but it will be a few more days until I can complete testing and publish this to WordPress.org.
Here are the change notes for 2.0:
- Added new slider type, “Single Post” – Specify a post or page id to generate a slider from that post’s images
- Added new slider type, “All Images” – Generate a slider from every image on the site
- Changed “Featured Images” slider to support creation of sliders from Pages
- Added “number” (of images) field to all slider types
- Added “Order By” fields to all sliders (Order by newest first, random, title, etc)
- Upgraded to version v2.5.1 of Nivo jQuery plugin (adds two new slider transitions, boxRainGrow and boxRainGrowReverse)
- Added a slider preview to every page of the settings panel, so it’s easier to “test drive” the sliders
- Added custom css support for sliders (so you can add a border, center the slider, etc)
- Added simple popup help for some of the form fields
- Changed the widget behaviour – if the slider is empty, don’t display an empty widget
- Changed NextGen slider to use pictures from NextGen, and allow Nivo to crop (not resize) the images
- Changed NextGen widget to use thumbnails from NextGen, and allow Nivo to crop the thumbnails
- Made several bug corrections – eliminate extra slide, remove “debug” message, change “captionOpacity” field name, etc.